Bealtaine 2012 ag teacht go tapaidh!
With just over four months to go to 2013 festival our programme is now coming together
This years hightlights :
- Irish Chamber Orchestra – “Bach West” with Bach concerto in Halla na Feothanaí!
- The Underskore Orkestra from Portland Maine – gypsy music, belly dancer, swing and general mayhem.
- Colm Tóibín reads at the Blasket Centre
- Gig sa tigh is back in Sean scoil a’ chuasa
- A spoonful of Silence – new intimate and thought provoking theatre
- The Candidates
- TNew to Feile na Bealtaine is a Café cheoil – a sort of mid-afternoon festival club, with cake
- Much more by way of high profile trad act
- Live (locally scored) music to accompany classic silent film, Metropolis
- From Czech Republic – THe Gentlemen Singers, male eight piece internationally renowned choir
- THe biggest bestest street parade yet is promised
- Live bronze casting art-installation/cooperation/even – half archeology half science!